Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Lets Snellebrate! (=

So I moved into my dorm at the sensational University of Georgia, on August 11th, 2010. I have been amply busy from day one.
First, you must get acquainted with your roommate, unpack your belongings and get 'settled in' your dorm if you are living on campus and not commuting. This is probably the scenario for most college students.
Then, you must get acquainted with your new town if you are not familiar with it. You also might want to take this time to learn your school and better yet your classes if it is a somewhat larger school.
Finally, and most importantly you must learn time management.
Will you party?
Will you stay in?
Will you put your studying first?
Will you decide to study when you are bored or think you have a few extra minutes to spare?
Will you have a job?
Will you be in a club?
Sport?
Will you get involved with activities on campus?
Or will you decide to stay in your dorm or apartment completely homesick because you miss the sound of mummy or daddy's voice in the background?
These are all very important situations to take into account when moving into your new college lifestyle.

I however decides that I would put my studies above everything seeing as I am paying for this, stay connected but not TOO connected to my family at home as to avoid being homesick and finally that I would in fact get involved on campus and have a job.

I was originally going to work at the Dollar Tree in Athens but seeing as the manager would not work with my schedule and even took it upon himself to hang up on me when I called (since I had no way to get there and explain this to him before I was to be in another class) to tell him I would no longer be working for Dollar Tree. I am now currently employed with the food services at UGA. I mean it is a little hot and I'm on my feet from 4-915 ish continuously besides the 30 minute lunch I am required to take, and I am new at it making things somewhat uncomfortable. But in spite of all these changes, they work with my schedule, allow me time off when needed, pay me 20 cents more with a 15cent bonus for every hour I worked if I work through finals, and give me money back on my meal plan. All in all not to bad, especially when you account for the gorgeous Canadian who doctored my arm after a slight burn. Now hot guys make most everything better. (=

The food here is amazing! MMMMM -Oglethorpe, Snelling, The Village Summit, and Bolton all on a meal plan with Bulldog Cafe` and Tate Cafe always around to serve. Freshman 15 here I come! (Well considering the fact that you have to jog up  and down colossal hills to get from class to class with the exception with the exceptional ride on the UGA buss or Athens Transit, maybe not =] )

I am also enrolled in 15 credits a semester and enjoying my classes quite well. I admit it is remarkably different from high school but in a good way. No boss, no one to tell you when to do what. The work load seems to be a but much but thats okay. My first tests are coming up and I am sitting here blogging, the perfect example as to what you should NOT do when in college. Thats all for now!
Ta-Ta (=


No comments: